If I die young

If I die young bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song

Lord make me a rainbow, I’ll shine down on my mother
She'll know I’m safe with You when she stands under my colors
I've had just enough time.
And I’ll be wearing white when I come into Your kingdom
What I never did is done

~ If I Die Young, The Band Perry


Dance when you can.  Whirl today in the moments you are given.  Let your eyes fill with tears as you sit by the fireplace in the rain.  Let life hurt.  Let life be simple.  Let it be complicated.  Let it be beautiful.  See that it is beautiful.

The past is over.  Today is a gift.  Tomorrow...you never know.

What are you doing with the gift you've been given?  This moment?

..............................................................

Another scan on the horizon.  A dear, dear friend just embarking on the road I've trod for 2 1/2 years now.  I read today that 60% of bone metastases occurs in thyroid cancer patients.  My kids are unbelievable, my husband is the dearest man on earth, my house is a haven in the fields of gold in autumn.  I don't ever want to leave.  When I do leave, I don't want to have a single regret.  I want to live each day in exactly the manner that brings glory to the Savior who blessed me with all of this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the spot we're in - our hearts and our bodies. Praise God for the finesse of His hand at the furnace doors.

Post a Comment