Oh, how things change!


Eight years ago today, a lonely beachhead on the outer banks of Puget Sound, a meager honeymoon dinner of fresh bread, Gouda, and sausage, honey mead, and taking photos together for dessert.


His smile is less bashful now, when he sees the camera pupil pointed in his direction.  Today, a busy day with family, surrounded by our progeny, barely a moment to say "happy anniversary" in the morning light before wee ones crowded in the bedroom, hungry for breakfast.






Happy anniversary to the man who heals me, helps me and holds me.
The perfect father and husband for my brood and I.

I am reminded of the old adage...
"the more things change the more they stay the same."
(Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose)
~ Alphonse Karr, 1849, Les Guepes ~

In the hands tending to little ones,
I see the same hands I first fell in love with.
In the day spent serving others,
I see the spirit I first fell in love with.


At the end of the day, my love, you are still the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment