Love of a Lifetime

July 24, 2002

Dear Genevieve,
I don't know quite where to begin with this letter. I just finished watching "A Beautiful Mind". It has made me miss you more than I ever have before, more than I have ever missed someone in my life. It is the best love story I have ever seen told. I want to find some way to tell you how much I love you. You have said that you can't imagine why I would fall in love with you. My only answer is that I have and I can think of nothing better in this world. I have never had one uninterrupted day with you. I have quit trying to guess what it would be like. Every time I see you it outstrips my imaginations ability. I would never dream of asking for more than to be near you. I love you with all my heart. I love you every minute. I am 'the luckiest man in the world'.

Love,
Aaron

Six years later, and I sat reading this while Aaron was out working on the car. We have yet to have very many "uninterrupted days" together, as God chose to bless us with a plethora of children right out of the gates, so to speak. What a wonderful man God gave me! I am praying for many, many more years together to realize the full potential of that love in its earthly iteration. I am the luckiest woman in the world!

The LORD favors those who fear Him,
Those who wait for His lovingkindness.
Psalm 147:11

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful letter to share. Is this the note up on your wall in your bedroom? I love you. Mama

Turquoise Gates said...

No, Mama, this is a different letter - believe it or not, the one up on my dresser is even better, but a little too private to share via the world wide web!

Love,
Genevieve

Post a Comment