Pictures of Summer

This is what summer means to me...




Fishing weights, chimes & maple sap pot.
"Truly the light is sweet, and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun." Ecc. 11:7




She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies,
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meets in her aspect and her eyes;
Thus mellow'd to that tender light

Which Heaven to gaudy day denies.


And on that cheek and o'er that brow

So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,

The smiles that win, the tints that glow,

But tell of days in goodness spent,—

A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent.
~ She Walks in Beauty, Lord Byron, 1788-1824 ~




He will never, never leave me, nor yet forsake me here,
While I live by faith and do His blessed will...
Then sweeping up to glory I'll see His blessed face,
Where rivers of delight shall ever flow;
He's the Lily of the Valley, the Bright and Morning Star,
He's the fairest of of thousand ten to my my soul.
~ Charles Fry ~

" As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby." I Peter 2:2





No comments:

Post a Comment