5 years & 12 days ago

She - babe I was certain was boy - was born after 5 days of off-again/on-again labor. 4:21 p.m. The only child with a civil birth hour (the rest kept me up for at least one night of laboring).

Her little rosebud mouth and dainty features were a shock, and both Aaron and I knew immediately - before it was announced - we had another girl. She is named after two sweet ladies we've long loved - Auntie Rosalie and Grandma Nel.

We carved a birthday out in between hospital trips, trying, as families under duress do, to make her feel significant and celebrated in a season where only survival is being considered daily.

A thousand failures have come with the demands of parenting such an ill child. God was good to have us home for Rosy's birthday. I pray I find better ways to love all of them as I try my best to care best for the one who cannot care well for herself. But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. (I Timothy 5:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment