Stand up, stand up for Jesus!


I wrote about the cost of survival 2 years ago.  The need to give up fighting to save our lives...even the minutiae of them - the clean house, or the finished project, or the kid's baths, or the church task.  To always keep in mind the end goal...not just the daily grind.  I think that is why I want to go to the Relevant Conference.  Because I really want to be in this fight, this battle for souls.  I take up the "armor of God", and I want to wield it as best I can in an age where 90% of communication occurs online.  I read about another give-away - a free ticket to the conference from A Million Boxes.  So far, I have received gracious, mind-blowing donations to the tune of $300, which would almost cover airfare.  I'll take a stab at the free ticket...and book my flight in faith if I get it.  I think it could be a transforming weekend.  A weekend where I better learn to communicate myself...my true self, the self that it is so tempting to hide in person and ever-so-much-easier to hide online.

Masked as the "silly spider", playing a tune in late afternoon sun.
"Consequently, I have been thinking about holiness, not so much in terms of reading my Bible more, or praying more, or doing spiritual things; rather, I have been examining the sin in my life and considering what it says about my holiness. Holiness is not an addition of Godly things to my life, or a subtraction of worldly things from my life, but rather a transformation of my life to look more like Christ." (from Beneath the Crust)
Be especially careful when you are trying to be good so that you don't make a performance out of it. It might be good theater, but the God who made you won't be applauding. Why am I so dramatic? Is it to get my point across? Who am I trying to convince? Here's what God wants me to do: "Find a quiet, secluded place so you won't be tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense his grace. (Matthew 6:1-6 The Message)
Amy - unmasked - sleeping in the noon sun after a night of seizures.

No comments:

Post a Comment