Hanging by a thread


The winds are 60 mph, and the rain like a monsoon. Safe in our house Sunday night, we all sleep right through. Without a worry. In the morning, I wake to view the damage, and see this spiderweb, intact, on the window next to my chair in my bedroom.
There are four things which are little upon the earth, but they are exceeding wise: the ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer; the conies are but a feeble folk, yet they make their houses in the rocks; the locusts have no king, yet they go forth, all of them in ranks; the spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings' palaces. Proverbs 30:24-28

Saturday night, we were in our tent when the storm hit. Not one of us slept through it and there was anxiety electric in the air like lightening. What a difference a solid house and firm foundation make!
Tell those rich in this world's wealth to quit being so full of themselves and so obsessed with money, which is here today and gone tomorrow. Tell them to go after God, who piles on all the riches we could ever manage—to do good, to be rich in helping others, to be extravagantly generous. If they do that, they'll build a treasury that will last, gaining life that is truly life. And oh, my dear Timothy, guard the treasure you were given! Guard it with your life. Avoid the talk-show religion and the practiced confusion of the so-called experts. People caught up in a lot of talk can miss the whole point of faith. I Timothy 6 (The Message)

Like the morning-after storm clouds that touch the hills, God breathes sweet over me as I sleep, and I wake refreshed. I feel His truth clamoring over me like a rippling brook over stones. I plead, and He answers. Maybe not with the life I want to be living, or the tasks I want to be doing. Nevertheless, He is with me always, in abundance.
...our lives are unscripted. God knows what we will choose, but he lets us choose. God allows pain into our lives because He is more concerned with our character than with our comfort or convenience. He can take man's poor choices and rewrite the script of our lives. It is God's mystery. In his heart, a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps (Prov. 16:9) ~ from Kristen Welch's "Don't Make Me Come Up There! Quiet Moments for Busy Moms"




FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG

No comments:

Post a Comment