Joy dawns again

The writing heals, forming words to express the ache, and I go to bed calm. Last moments of wakefulness are given up in prayer...praise for the majesty of nature He bathed me in as the moon rose, praise for family home, praise for experiencing the full breadth of life from exquisite joy to gripping agony, just as Christ experienced this life on earth.

As the day arcs full, from dawn to deepest night, He heals in the moment and soothes that stabbing desire to be home, home in heaven. It is true that He has allowed this life and heart to be carved out and emptied, but I don't see the stories arc full yet, don't know where He's taking this short life of mine.

I close eyes tight against sun in the morning, trying to sleep long enough to survive a 12-hour night shift. In the slumber, dreamless, He changes the heart and molds it to fit a new day. It is a sunny day, warm, kids cuddled up with me in the dawn, husband calling gleeful with joy from work. 

This is how emptiness sings. It may be a moan of melancholy loneliness on the strings or a rush of notes sung in sweetest harmony. Today I can sing the chorus to the song...




Brother, he’s suffered like a tree taken down 
Wept as he witnessed his dreams carved out 
And how can a man just keep walking around 
With his heart full of holes 

But ooh, His bow is on the strings 
And the tune resonates in the open space 
To show us how emptiness sings: 
Glory to God, Glory to God! 

In fullness of wisdom, 
He writes my story into his song, 
My life for the glory of God. 

Sister carries her loneliness 
In a hidden hollow inside her chest 
And sometimes all that she wants is an end 
To the long, long night 

But ooh, her bow is on the strings, 
And the tune resonates in the open space 
To show us how emptiness sings: 
Glory to God, Glory to God! 

In fullness of wisdom, 
He writes my story into his song, 
My life for the glory of God.

In the middle of a party, 
I’ll just want to go Home. 
But ooh, My bow is on the strings, 
I’m beginning to learn where to find the words 
To the song that emptiness sings 
Ooh, bow is on the strings: 
Glory to God! Glory to God! 
This is how emptiness sings, oh, 
This is how emptiness sings
~How Emptiness Sings, Christa Wells~

No comments:

Post a Comment