Finding clarity

"Nor height, nor depth, neither any other created thing, shall be able to sever me from the love of God, which is in our Lord Yeshua The Messiah." (Romans 8:39)
I panic in the flashback because I can't remember who I'm married to. My husband looks long and deep, brown eyes meeting faltering brown, and says he'll help me remember. Day turns into evening, thick with snowflakes as we slip slide our way to town to watch my old hockey team play. Another snippet of the nightmare creeps into consciousness...I remember trying out for the girls' summer softball team there in my dream, and they tell me I am too old to play, 28 already. I have forgotten a decade of birthdays and I squeeze my eyelids tight and try to remember them, shadows sliding across consciousness as impressions of memories try to break through my sleep.



I find truth in my sons kisses and my husbands laughter, in the pages of my Bible as Romans leaps out like a sword to sever me from dreams. The kids rock out through the night to Shawn Groves, and his lyrics soak in, make my brain slippery to dreams and nothing catches all night long. I wake up to peace, the world under the blanket of winter and my mind calm and clear as the whispering air, crystalline in the cold. I praise God for the night's sleep, uninterrupted and serene. 

Praise God for the Word that is alive and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, dividing asunder soul and spirit, joints and marrow, judging reasoning and consciousness of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)


No death, life
Angels or demons,
No height, depth
Can come in between us
And Your love
~Shawn Groves, Come By Here~


No comments:

Post a Comment