Finding freedom in a demolished house of faith: Guest post at Thorns & Gold


Pain is a lost emotion in the sea of verses quoted about how Christ conquered death and there is no sting any longer.

Fear is drowned out and ignored because doesn’t He give us a “spirit of peace” instead?

I broke into a million pieces when I was 8 years old, but I had already absorbed these twin “truths” and I knew good Christians don’t break when they suffer. So I sat alone in the golden haze of the forest clearing, staring up through the stars of my tears at the yellow birch leaves. I was pulling myself together. Trying, at 8 years old, to do my duty to bring glory to God through impossible circumstances.

To read the rest, click over to Tanya Marlow's Thorns and Gold, where I am guest posting today...

Image credit

No comments:

Post a Comment