Falling or flying?

When we fall you catch us, although at times we hit the metal frame of your undergirding love and feel like we've been impaled there from the crash. It isn't always pretty, catching someone who's falling off a skyscraper of pride, expectations, failure, and guilt.



When we fall those first few times, we scream all the way down because we can't imagine a way out. But as faith builds, and we have a history together with God, falling feels kind of like flying. Plummeting at top speed toward the concrete is no longer scary. Because we remember His faithfulness. He is always there to catch us, and has forever rescued us from our fall through His blood on the cross.


I need You, Jesus, 
to come to my rescue
Where else can I go?
There's no other Name 
by which I am saved
Capture me with grace
I will follow You


Five Minute Friday
Writing on "Fall" today

No comments:

Post a Comment