Coming through the fog

I feel like I am slowly emerging from the valley of the shadow of this treatment. My throat feels better this evening, and I have stayed in an upright, non-sleeping position now for an amazing three hours! Ah, the small things in life...

I have some burns from the radiation, so that is bothering me a bit. I am hoping they resolve quickly, with lots of fluids. I have had 3 gallons of water and 1 gallon of pineapple juice to drink today, so that should help! Let's just say the bathroom is my most used room in the house right now. I have some kidney pain and I am hoping that resolves with fluids as well. I have cabin fever because I felt too ill to go out for my planned walk around the lake. Looking forward to day +2 tomorrow...a walk around the lake, maybe pick up some stamps at a grocery store. Sunday, an evening date with my aunt, uncle and parents for some iodine-containing food! I am already thinking about what I will eat. I wish I could just sit down to a bowl full of seafood, but I've read that it makes you feel sick if you eat it too soon after the I-131 dose. I'll probably stick with something more benign...hmmm. Dairy, butter, soft cheese, soy, cured meats, seafood, salt. Taste, maybe?? We'll see how my little buds are doing. I remember taking care of kids on transplant after radiation and all they wanted to eat was Doritos for about 20 days or so. I thought it was such an odd food choice at the time, but I am getting a sneak peek into the world of no taste buds! Doritos are looking pretty good right about now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Calcium and salt, plus intensity of flavor! Sounds like post-low-iodine to me!

Post a Comment