Heartsick

This second week is apparently where the rubber meets the road. I am feeling better every day physically. I am peeling as though I had a sunburn, but other than that, most of my side effects from the RAI have vanished. I am still a little swollen and sore from the withdrawal from my Synthroid (replacement hormone). Now it is just my heart that is broken! With each day, I miss my family more and what was a dull throb is now a persistent ache that I assume will swell further this coming week until I am near tears all the time instead of just some of the time! The hallmark times of day are most difficult...waking, meal times, evening, and bedtime. My life is so built around the routine we have established that it gets more and more difficult to live without the routine, and more importantly, the reasons behind the routine...four delightful children and a dear husband! Please lift my spirit up in prayer as I struggle through these last days of loneliness for my family. Katy and Amy seem to be getting more lonely as well, so please keep both of them, and Aaron, in your prayers as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Papa and I agree about Amy. I think your phone call, ESPECIALLY ON SPEAKER in an environment where it was just her, was really important to her. Caleb also responded to it well. This audio, separate from holding the phone, seemed to free them to realize it was their beloved mama! We are praying for you, and will switch from emphasizing body and spirt to SOUL.

Unknown said...

I am praying for you. I am sending hugs and wishing I could mend your broken heart. Love you!!

Post a Comment