A positive and active acceptance

"If ever a woman accepted the demands of her own life with simplicity and grace, it was she. It was a positive and active acceptance of the given." ~ Elisabeth Elliot

As the initial blush wears off the Chicago news, the impact of the message is seeping into the cracks of my soul and filling in the grooves of uncertainty between every tile of information stored there. Five years is a long time. I continue to pray for acceptance with simplicity and grace, the fortitude to choose a positive and active acceptance of my new given. It will be a long hard task to do so consistently over time.

Sometimes the sky looks dark with not a ray of light,
We're tossed and driven on , no human help in sight;
But there is one in heav'n who knows our deepest care,
Let Jesus solve your problem - just go to Him in pray'r.

    It will be worth it all when we see Jesus,
    Life's trials will seem so small when we see Christ;
    One glimpse of His dear face all sorrow will erase,
    So bravely run the race till we see Christ.
~ Till We See Christ, Esther Kerr Rusthoi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where exactly are you in your treatment plan? When was your RAI? I myself just got back my TG results from my six month followup. TG was undetectable! I thought for sure there would be something, as I too had some follicular cells, lymph nodes positive. Keep looking to Christ, I too have the same fears as you, seeing children grow, etc. Take care and does that pizza ever look good!! I LOVE cheese!

Post a Comment