A word for 2011


ὑπομονή
Hupomoné
Strong's 5278



1. remaining under, endurance; steadfastness, especially as God enables the believer to "remain (endure) under" the challenges He allots in life.
2. to preserve: under misfortunes and trials to hold fast to one's faith in Christ
3. to endure, bear ill treatments bravely and calmly

That He may say of me, "and you have perseverance and have endured for My name's sake, and have not grown weary." (Revelation 2:3)

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us..." (Hebrews 12:1)

Not too different from 2010's word, is it?

4 comments:

Joy said...

I like this word for the year. I don't know yet what to choose for 2011, but when I find one, I'll share it.

Anonymous said...

I love the verdant, vibrant, voluptuous photo of your sweet girl under the tree - remaining under needn't be a barren place, but a place of shieldedness, productiveness, and protection, abiding,(2010) with stedfast endurance. Lord, help us!

suzannah | the smitten word said...

yes yes, let us not become weary and lose heart. a worthy word and Word-filled aim. blessings to you!

Craig said...

Hi

I followed over from Ann’s

Your word “ὑπομονή” in all of its nuances is so right on for you – for us all. I know personally what illness can do to our power to endure. Endurance - to keep going even when the body says no. To read its signals but also make the most of the minutes, hours, days, years.

I would like you to know that I have prayed for this year of “endurance” that you have strength beyond your, the He may fill you up with his Word, by his Word, by his Spirit. That he help you bear up and keep going.

My year is named the year of “connection” – moving inside circles instead of always staying outside, thinking of others, being with them, caring about them.

God Bless you and all of yours. Happy New Year of “Words”

Post a Comment