A word for 2010

abide.
To stay; to continue in a place; to have one's abode; to dwell; to sojourn;
To remain stable or fixed in some state or condition;
To endure; to sustain; to submit to.
To bear patiently; to tolerate; to put up with.
To stand the consequences of; to answer for; to suffer for.


This year I will stay with God, continue in this place, take up my dwelling as a sojourner in a land of suffering; fix myself in a state of submission and endurance; bear cancer patiently, learn to tolerate it, stand the consequences of.
I will suffer for Christ.
Cancer is the mirror in which I see glimpses of bittersweet glory on earth. The reflection of Christ's love in a million small ways. The image of submission in my life. Cancer turns my imagination toward heaven, that blessed and everlasting healing of my mind, body, and soul. The pool of deep thoughts. This year, I will learn to abide with cancer - with God - in a new way.

I challenge you: pick a word for 2010?

idea culled from Ali Edward's resolution

2 comments:

Unknown said...

my word this year is: LOVE God has asked me to take this year to learn what it truly means to love Him with all my heart, all my mind and all my soul. Deuteronomy 6:5 is my verse for this year.

Melody said...

I am overwhelmed after reading your last four posts. I'm sorry for all you are going through. I'm astounded by your faith. I can't imagine what you are going through but I know it is so very painful and hard. I'm sorry. I love this post and I'm going to think through my word for 2010. Thanks for the challenge.

Post a Comment