Grey gold


The sliver of yellow breaks through on a difficult day of research last week. He gives me glimmers - my seashell dull grey and unremarkable on the beach, like an iceberg with it's beauty hidden beneath the sea. He catches my eye, and I lean down, and dig up gold. I open His book and I am surrounded by His promises and beauty. A fairyland with giants and armies, glitter, pomp and circumstance, romance, history, beauty for ashes. Go digging today, my friend, even if you think you've exhausted the Good News and live in the bad. You will be rewarded.


Teach me your way, O Lord, and lead me on a level path because of my enemies. Give me not up to the will of my adversaries; for false witnesses have risen against me, and they breathe out violence. I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! (Psalm 27:11-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment