Rising to the occasion


One last thought, as a parent and as a human being; opportunities to love surround us. When we take those opportunities time seems to stop, and in that timelessness is where memories are made and beauty is beheld.  We will never regret rising to the occasion.  I believe it has something to do with the fact that God is love and we are made in His image. Suffering isn’t what we are made for, but it can be fruitful in ways we could never imagine. We love because He first loved us. (Daisy's mom writes as her 8 year old daughter lies dying at PrayForDaisy.com
Rising to the occasion. No matter how gray the day. No matter how heavy the burden. We are called to love, and yes, those opportunities surround. How can I be the love of Jesus to those around me today? My mother, just returning from surgery to repair her shoulder, needs my care today (prayers for her healing please?). My children - it is Caleb's 5th birthday today - how can I make it memorable, how can I get time to freeze in that shared space of joy, with depression riding heavy?

Make me a vessel today, Lord. If Daisy's mother can be wise in the midst of her situation, I can be wise and kind in mine. Help me, Father.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, thank you for writing this, thank you for the link to PrayForDaisy too. I have many friends who attend Reality who've kept me in the loop on prayer for her, and now for her family, saying goodbye.

Lord Jesus, bless Genevieve's mother with calm healing love, give Genevieve your love and grace to show to her mother, her son, and keep her safe from all ill, including depression. Hold her in your loving hands I pray. Amen.

Alecia Simersky said...

Praying for you as you celebrate your Caleb's 5th birthday. I know the shadow that depression can cast, and I pray you will be able to find your joy so that you can truly celebrate.

Mandy said...

Really beautiful. Thank you for these honest, heart-felt thoughts. Thanks so much for stopping by my place today too. Prayers for love and blessings to fill you up so they can nourish you and spill over onto others.

Post a Comment