Wanted {reprise}

Dancing with abandon
Every daughter of Eve falls down.
Heaven echoes with the sound
of our crumbling to dust.
Her dancing legs grow still
though she thrashes with her will,
Meted consequence for lust.

But something's bouncing round her soul
a whisper that she could be whole,
Courage builds as the drumbeat thrills.
Will you join her dancing through the crowd
No losing footing in the furrows fear plowed
This is the moment she's been waiting 'til...

She's been waiting for love scandalous
Love that swallows fists
Here He is, Lover of her soul
Unconquerable, inseparable, 
unwavering, unconditional,
She falls into the wisp
of faith that falters but holds true
No matter how wavering, it's falling into You.

.....................................

You know I'd fall apart without you
Do you know how many times God says, "I need you" in the Scriptures?
I don't know how you do what you do
I respect your strength, your composure
'Cause everything that don't make sense about me
Makes sense when I'm with you
Like everything that's green, girl, I need you
Put aside the math and the logic of it
You gotta know you're wanted too

'Cause I wanna wrap you up
I wanna make you feel wanted
And I wanna call you mine
Wanna hold your hand forever
And never let you forget it

Anyone can tell you you're pretty, yeah
And you get that all the time, I know you do
But your beauty's deeper than the make-up

As good as you make me feel
Better than your best dreams
You're more than everything I need
You're all I ever wanted
All I ever wanted
~Wanted, Hunter Hayes~

No comments:

Post a Comment