Grasping grace

...to humble and to test you so that in the end it might go well with you...Deuteronomy 8:16 (exc.)

I heard this verse quoted on the children's Bible hour we listen to on the radio on the way home from our small group meeting. It really struck me that being humbled and tested by cancer is an opportunity for obedience and submission that will result in good things for my family and I. As I read verses to the kids, and talk with them about our upcoming separation for my next scan/treatment, it shocks me how clearly they see the love of God in this difficult situation. God has provided doctors, and treatments; He watches over me so I can come home to them again. I admire their attitude and grasp on His grace. I want to absorb it, emulate it.

On a lighter note, a couple of gratuitous pics for the day...of the Moroccan dark chocolate bon-bons and traditional honey and almond pastries I made from scratch today. These will be served at the Valentine's Dinner & a Movie event I am cooking & baking for on Saturday. Trust me, you want these recipes! Click on the links to go to them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jay and I were tasters for these wonderful, exotic desserts. WOW! They were very, very good!

Post a Comment