Smiles

We are knee-deep in cooking and baking in the Thul house. Every year, our small group hosts a fundraiser dinner on Valentine's Day, and this year I am once again the head chef. Katy and her friend Grace laughed all the way through mixing up a double batch of blonde brownies yesterday. They will be served in heart shaped pieces to the children in the nursery while the parents feast on Moroccan delicacies.

Her smile delights me. I know God looks down at me and thinks the same thing when I smile. Gut-wrenched by my tears and soul-lit by my smiles! Have you smiled for your Father today? I have - and plan to many more times before the day is over!


Jesus loves me, Him who died,
Heaven's gate to open wide;
He has washed away my sin,
let His little child come in.

We love Jesus, does He know?
Have you ever told Him so?
Jesus loves to hear us say
that we love Him every day.
~ Jesus Loves Me, Anna Bartlett Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment