Sprinkles

Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
Hebrews 10:19-23

A little sprinkle is all it takes to transform something familiar into something fabulous. I took these photos a week ago, at Rosy's 4th birthday party. Sprinkles in pink abounded on her much-longed-for "ballerina" cake (we still haven't said the other "B" word so many know this cake by). This section from Hebrews came to mind...just a little sprinkle of the blood of the Lamb and all is changed. What was familiar (sin) has become fabulous (glorified purity).

Tonight another example crept up on me. Just a sprinkle of the familiar (sin: anger over lost competition) embittered the whole fabulous night (a date with my husband). Yet one "sprinkle" of prayer and Christ turned the night on it's head once more - reconciled, nay, reveling in my husband once again, our wounds healed and anger erased.

These intervening days of trust and tranquility are winding to a close. March is coming closer...my 30th birthday, my next cancer treatment. How my heart swells and overflows at those precious words, Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. A little sprinkle of unswerving is exactly what I need tonight. Hope, for He is faithful. Sprinkle me with sleep now, Father...carry my burdens again while I rest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post, but I must be shallow this morning, because all I can think of is how CREEPY that frosting looks close up!!! ;>) anonymost

Post a Comment