It's official...

I am having another scan in the end of March. Prayers answered: the dates will dodge Caleb's 1st birthday, my 30th, and Rosalie's 4th. SOOO happy to celebrate with them instead of being in isolation! Prayers still to be answered with a yes or a no: how I will tolerate the hypothyroid period - will I have energy to keep up with the kids, school, and the charity dinner I am helping sponsor next week? How will the scan go - please, God, no metastatic disease. Will I need another treatment? Will the next scan be a 5 day separation from my children, or a 17-18 day separation?

Here's the schedule...
  • Immediately - stop thyroid hormone replacement
  • March 5 (4 days after my 30th) - stop Cytomel, other replacement hormone
  • March 19 - labs (this will shed a lot of light on metastasis; also pray insurance will approve the shipment of my thyroglobulin test back to the University of Chicago)
  • March 23 - take I-131 radioactive iodine 7 millicuries for whole body scan
  • March 25 - whole body scan
  • March 26 - appointment with Dr. Bingham - determine whether ablation is necessary
  • March 27 - either go home or get treatment dose
  • April 10 - home if I need an ablation (treatment)
Please lift us up in prayer. We are sinking under the latest news.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps one of these verses will touch your heart. Truly we are surrounded by a cloud of witnesses, fellow pilgrims through suffering through the ages. Love, Mama

Psalm 69:2 NIRV
I'm sinking in deep mud. I have no firm place to stand. I am out in deep water. The waves roll over me.

Psalm 69:14 ESV
Deliver me from sinking in the mire; let me be delivered from my enemies and from the deep waters.

Job 5:8 selected MSG
He raises up the down-and-out, gives firm footing to those sinking in grief.

And last, but not least, sometimes the arrival of a good friend can be our rescue from sinking!

2 Corinthians 7:6 AMP
But God, Who comforts and encourages and refreshes and cheers the depressed and the sinking, comforted and encouraged and refreshed and cheered us by the arrival of Titus.

Jared and Molly York said...

We're praying for you and your family, Gen!

Anonymous said...

We continue to lift you up to our Father in prayer. We love you.
Larine & Dan

Post a Comment