Strands of gold

The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward. ~ Psalm 19:7-11 KJV


God has completely provided for me this week. I remember my mother using that phrase when I was a teenager: I was always embarrassed when she said it, because it seemed so...well, unknowable. Years of experience walking beside and occasionally walking away from God's presence have finally taught me otherwise. Sometimes God moves like a whisper of a summer breeze through the rhythms of my day. Sometimes He is as obvious in His love and provision as a brilliant red and gold summer sunset, as thunderous as the rush of summer storms flying in on the wind from the west, the tide of the wind met with the deafening hum of cicadas and katydids mounting their collective voice in protest of the interruption.

This week has been a week when God thundered through my days. School work easily accomplished, housework coming along slowly, pleasure woven through my work, even calm enjoyment during a day of sickness with Amelia. Awareness is dawning in my conscience: the special season of prayer that precedes hormone withdrawal, scans and treatments brings with a swell in the tide of God's love and grace. I pray all the more, and He provides all the more. When the world says I should be lying in bed, wasted and sick from lack of a necessary hormone, He fills in my gaps and lifts me up with sheer strength that gives me a glimpse into an unbelievably deep reserve of power.

Today I am floating along on the crest of that sunlit way of God's provision. Basking in the glow. Enjoying every minute, every unexpected strand of gold woven through this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment