Sustained


Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud:
Yes, Lord, my soul cries out to you. My heart is screaming
Grant me courage to make words of faith audible.
He shall hear my voice.
Silent or not, He bends from the Throne to listen.
He hath delivered my soul in peace...
The tumult surrounds again, and again I feel
the peace that passeth understanding!
Cast thy burden upon the Lord -
throw, fling, heave all this heaviness onto His wide shoulders.
He shall sustain me.
Hunger, exhaustion, anxiety, desperation.
He fills me, rests my soul, soothes, and quiets.
He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
I feel the pull of tides and waves and currents all around.
But on the Solid Rock I stand.
Unshakable.
Unmovable.
I may be undone; I may be unkempt.
But He is unbelievable, and so I am not just a survivor,
I am sustained.

Psalm 55 rings true for me today.

And God's peace shall be Genevieve's, that tranquil state of her soul, assured of its salvation through Christ. Genevieve, fearing nothing from God and content with her earthly lot of whatever sort that is, finds that peace which transcends all understanding garrisons and mounts guard over her heart and mind in Christ Jesus.
~ Philippians 4:7 Amplified ~

No comments:

Post a Comment