Crooked paths made straight


Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be made low, and the crooked shall become straight, and the rough places shall become level ways. (Luke 3:5)
The night of my overdose, I sat down on one of beautiful antique white lawn chairs and slowly sank to the ground. The legs suddenly too fatigued to hold me up. This chair, along with it's occupant, legs too tired to do anything but sag.


I remember a small sketch my pastor often drew when I was a child - a chair with only three legs. The illustration had something to do with lack of faith.

It's been difficult to go through this season wondering if it is simply this...lack of faith...that has crumbled me. On the other hand, if my faith is strong, what could be so mighty as to crumple my faith?

I rest in verses that show me bent prophets, crumbled disciples, moldering apostles, doubting Thomases. God has used broken people all through human history, and He will use me, too, with all my broken pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment