Back to life, back to reality

I feel like I'm floating on a cloud this morning. It is the first day of school for our little homeschool, a job interview looms luminescent this afternoon, and I am still riding high from a long date with my lover for our 9th anniversary. After a difficult 7th year and an 8th year that included some very hard work, we are back in the honeymoon of our love this 9th year.

It's easy to love a man this handsome.


I love this turn of phrase from the Message in I Corinthians 13: "Love takes pleasure in the flowering of truth". This is exactly what I have seen happening in our marriage over the past 3 years, and this year especially in my husband. As he takes the reins of our family in a new and gentler way, and leads us according to his own interactions with God and the Holy Spirit, it is a beautiful thing to watch. I take pleasure in it.
We're squinting through a fog, peering through mist. But it wont' be long before the weather clears and the sun shines brightly! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us. But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. (I Corinthians 13:12-13 The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment