Love that I count as true is this


She holds him, brother that weighs as much as she, and says he's not heavy. 


She brings apples down to the corral and helps the children feed the horses. Brings one out for them to ride bareback. She who I held minutes after her birth, now nearly grown.


She says it's no trouble.


We all live in it, a gigantic circle of love waiting to embrace us if only we let it. A few months ago I would have told you that I had very few friends after our spontaneously combustive leavetaking from our old church.



But now I've realized that even one is enough. And I have ten, twenty if you count family. Who am I to call myself poor?



The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and He addeth no sorrow to it. Proverbs 10:22



I think it might be spring again, in my heart.


FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG

No comments:

Post a Comment