Finding freedom the old-fashioned way

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely help another without helping himself." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is a truth I have long known: to forget your suffering most completely, easily, and effortlessly, focus outward. Help someone else, be in the moment with someone who has a need you can fill. Be the hands and feet of love. Giving yields joy exponentially greater than the work you put into the equation. Today I loved. Today I forgot to suffer.

From my kitchen soffet - and Galatians 6: And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today I gave my first ever hug to a friend comfortably.

Anonymous said...

Praise God for you two's friendship! I believe you are MEANT TO BE for each other. Natasha, I can HARDLY WAIT to meet your little baby! Debra

Post a Comment