New growth on old branches

My days have been the giant evaporator, boiling down my sap to a pleasant sweet finish today. My scan is clean. My lab tests wonderfully, miraculously, are undetectable! The oncologist said this almost never happens. That I should have low values for that particular lab test, but never undetectable.

For the first time since last June, unbridled joy. Unchecked celebration. Awe-struck, falling on our knees in praise. Why would God do this - for us? Why this sudden mercy?

On Saturday, back to my nest of babies. News doors flying open in front of our family. I can nurse again. I could cuddle a new baby. I can sing, and dance. I don't need another scan until December, and this time it will be much less invasive, with no hormone withdrawal beforehand. The sweet bliss as I resume old duties and contemplate new ones. Striving to remember all these lessons, integrate them into the very fiber of my being so that I am never, ever the same.

Still three years until I am in remission. But I can say, assuredly, that I have no active cancer now. Sweet Savior who bends His knee to tend to me! What a privilege to walk my road today, dumbfounded. Speechless. Opening up like a crocus to the first promising warm breeze of spring. I have walked through my winter and now I will revel in the thaw.

My heart is steadfast, O God,
my heart is steadfast!
I will sing and make melody!
Awake, my glory!
Awake, O harp and lyre!
I will awake the dawn!
I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples;
I will sing praises to you among the nations.
For your steadfast love is great to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the clouds.

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens!
Let your glory be over all the earth!

~ Psalm 57

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My girl. My Lord. My bliss.

Mama

hirdhosy - I think we should 'give' that one to Rosy, don't you???

Jared and Molly York said...

This is wonderful, amazing news! I pray that you would experience even more joy with your family now that you can come home!

Anonymous said...

Gen, I am so happy for you and thankful to our Dear Lord. My feet feel like they are above the ground. I giggle, laugh outright and cry tears of joy. You can come to my home now for a wonderful reason. I look forward to having you all spread across my floor!
Love,
Auntie Shera

Anonymous said...

Oh, Gen, we are overjoyed for you and your family! Your testimony of Christ's love is so inspirational.

I am also happy to think we may see you even more often at the keyboard on Sunday mornings. I love the fullness of the music when you are behind that keyboard, you are so gifted in so many ways.

Love,
Larine

Karla said...

FANTASTIC news!! We're celebrating with you here in Spain. Praise be to God.

Karla said...

FANTASTIC news!! We're celebrating with you here in Spain. Praise be to God.

Anonymous said...

Praise GOD from whom all blessings flow!! What wonderful news. I am so so so so happy. Can't wait to see you. SOON!

Michelle

Post a Comment