New growth on old branches

My days have been the giant evaporator, boiling down my sap to a pleasant sweet finish today. My scan is clean. My lab tests wonderfully, miraculously, are undetectable! The oncologist said this almost never happens. That I should have low values for that particular lab test, but never undetectable.

For the first time since last June, unbridled joy. Unchecked celebration. Awe-struck, falling on our knees in praise. Why would God do this - for us? Why this sudden mercy?

On Saturday, back to my nest of babies. News doors flying open in front of our family. I can nurse again. I could cuddle a new baby. I can sing, and dance. I don't need another scan until December, and this time it will be much less invasive, with no hormone withdrawal beforehand. The sweet bliss as I resume old duties and contemplate new ones. Striving to remember all these lessons, integrate them into the very fiber of my being so that I am never, ever the same.

Still three years until I am in remission. But I can say, assuredly, that I have no active cancer now. Sweet Savior who bends His knee to tend to me! What a privilege to walk my road today, dumbfounded. Speechless. Opening up like a crocus to the first promising warm breeze of spring. I have walked through my winter and now I will revel in the thaw.

My heart is steadfast, O God,
my heart is steadfast!
I will sing and make melody!
Awake, my glory!
Awake, O harp and lyre!
I will awake the dawn!
I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples;
I will sing praises to you among the nations.
For your steadfast love is great to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the clouds.

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens!
Let your glory be over all the earth!

~ Psalm 57