Making me understand

"He made me understand, speaking with me and saying, "O Daniel, I have now come out to give you insight and understanding. At the beginning of your pleas for mercy, a word went out, and I have come to tell it to you, for you are greatly loved..." ~ Daniel 9:22-23

Just think! At the beginning of this trial, at the beginning of last April, a year ago, a word went out: "Yes, I will cure Genevieve's cancer. She will have a clean scan next March." I walked through a fog of humanness all year long. A year of growth, and pleading, and laying myself down. But at the beginning of my pleas for mercy, a word went out, for I am greatly loved. I need to remember this, deep inside of myself: the word has already gone out. I plead with my Savior, yes. That is the element of action in free will that He desires from me. Yet He has known each hair on my head intimately since before I was conceived. He sees now all the way through to the end of my days here, and His glorious reunion with His child in heaven.

But I would not give you false hope
On this strange and mournful day
When the mother and child reunion
Is only a motion away,
Oh, oh the mother and child reunion
Is only a motion away
Oh the mother and child reu-nion
Is only a moment away
~ Paul Simon, Mother & Child Reunion

No comments:

Post a Comment