Plunged

Quando sono solo
Sogno allorizzonte
E mancan le parole
~ Contepartirò, Sartori

When words fail, there is nothing like a little Italian to express what English cannot. I had a routine doctor's visit today, at which I learned that I will be having some more biopsies, ultrasounds and perhaps other diagnostic tests to explore some abnormal swelling. That probably sounds like nothing to make a fuss about. But the news was delivered by the same midwife, in the same way, and nearly exactly one year later as the news of the abnormal swelling on my thyroid gland. I am afraid. Shaken. Tonight I will lean on this:

Let us therefore, receiving a kingdom that is firm and stable
and cannot be shaken,
offer to God pleasing service and acceptable worship,
with modesty and pious care and godly fear and awe;
For our God is indeed a consuming fire.
~ Hebrews 12:28 (Amp)

No comments:

Post a Comment