More questions than answers

My tests were a mixed bag this morning. That part, at least, went as predicted. The test I was having done is called a tilt table test. It involves being strapped to a table and tilted up to a near-standing position, all while being monitored closely. A little over a minute after I was tilted up the first time, I fainted. However, my heart and blood pressure did the exact opposite than expected. In the ER and on previous monitors, both have dropped very low. This time, both shot up extremely high (my blood pressure is usually 110/60 and was recorded at 190/100 while I was unconscious). The team alerted my cardiologist, who made a rare personal appearance in the testing lab. He insisted on tilting me two more times, for 40 minutes each time. I didn't faint either time. I suspect it is because he tilted me completely upright, and because I had an adrenaline response after the first time I fainted. The cardiologist also gave me quite a bit of medication to try to precipitate another loss of consciousness, to no avail. He was frustrated, I was frustrated, the entire team was frustrated. At the end of the test, the cardiologist told me he needs an extra day to consider my case, and gave me a Thursday morning appointment. After I recovered, I was discharged to home to think it over.

Basically, it boils down to one great big, giant "no" answer from God - or at least a great big, giant "wait on the Lord" answer. This test confounds the situation so much that I now have no idea what treatment they might propose (if any). The deepest fears of my heart are: a) they won't find a cure, and I'll faint my days away forever, or b) whatever is wrong is, indeed, life threatening and they won't figure out what it is until it's too late. I guess I'll just keep praying those fears aren't realized. Pray for an answer on Thursday. Keep clinging, when I feel like throwing in the towel.

I will praise the LORD while I live; I will sing praises unto my God while I have my being.
~ Psalm 146:2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dear Gen, I will continue to keep you in my prayers. I ask for the Lord's loving guidance for your doctor's and for you and Aaron. When I think of you I think of the Lord holding you in the palm of his hand. "Be still and know that I am God." Love, Auntie Shera

Post a Comment