Stormy Monday

A grueling day at school was followed by complete respite in the form of sand, storm clouds, and rolling sea this evening...topped off by dolphin sitings, starfish, and a half-mile run through the waves and sand with my three daughters.

Storms of a different kind are looming on the horizon of tomorrow. I have a presentation for school that I am uncharacteristically anxious about. Would you bring me to Jesus in prayer tomorrow around 9 a.m.?


Ask the LORD for rain in the springtime;
it is the LORD who makes the storm clouds.

He gives showers of rain to men, and plants of the field to everyone.
The idols speak deceit, diviners see visions that lie;
they tell dreams that are false, they give comfort in vain.
Therefore the people wander like sheep oppressed for lack of a shepherd.
~ Zechariah 10:1-2 ~

In the dark of the midnight have I oft hid my face,
While the storm howls above me, and there's no hiding place.
'Mid the crash of the thunder, Precious Lord, hear my cry,
Keep me safe till the storm passes by.

Till the storm passes over, till the thunder sounds no more,
Till the clouds roll forever from the sky;
Hold me fast, let me stand in the hollow of Thy hand,
Keep me safe till the storm passes by.

This beloved hymn from my youth, Till the Storm Passes Over, is running through my soul tonight, comforting me as I work late into the night in preparation for tomorrow's work. It was penned by a then-famous gospel singer, Mosie Lester, in 1958.

No comments:

Post a Comment