Time flies

When you read these, I, that was visible, am become invisible;
Now it is you, compact, visible, realizing my poems, seeking me;
Fancying how happy you were, if I could be with you,
and become your comrade;
Be it as if I were with you.
(Be not too certain but I am now with you.)
~ Walt Whitman

Busy days, these past few following vacation. Days full of re-training children to routines and ways of being and thinking here at our home. Days of readjusting for mother and father, as well, to the rhythm and hum of everyday living after days awash in the sun and surf a thousand miles removed from reality. Days, too, filled with service. Cooking, cleaning, and preparing beds for our old host family from the Berlin mission trip in 2006. A mere 24 hours after our arrival home, they came, smiling, from vacation at our pastor's cabin. The children meshed well, being similar in age and attention span, and we had a delightful day full of getting to know all of them again. What a blessing to serve saints visiting from a far off field, listen to stories of God's grace and power ministering to a different land and people.

On to the next task, then. Another group to feed tonight. Two school assignments yet to be started, which should be finished. Some freelance writing I haven't even glanced over, due yesterday. Doctors to call, research to do regarding my own health situation (when - if! - I get the chance). Busy, busy. So time flies by and soon I will look back on eighty years of this business called living. Wonder where the time went.

And days go by...
I can feel 'em flyin'
Like a hand out the window in the wind.
The cars go by...
Yeah it's all we've been given,
So you better start livin' right now,
And days go by...

We think about tomorrow then it slips away.
Oh, yes, it does.
We talk about forever but we've only got today...
~ Days Go By, Keith Urban

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post. Papa prayed for you about these things at supper tonight. I love the words to the song. Mama

Jason Kanz said...

We felt honored to be the "another group to feed." Thank you again for sharing your home, and your fellowship, with us.

Post a Comment