Chaff in the wind

Persist steadfastly without anxiety. I think that is what God is telling me to do. I was doing a statistics assignment today and we were learning how to "correct" skewed data. It reminded me that my faith is in God, not my doctor, not the medical tests, not my risk score, not my tumor staging. All those things are just dry chaff in the wind (Isaiah 40 & 41). I have seen the faces of the people who are in the 1%, the 5% or the 50% that experience "negative outcomes". If I am in that percentile, so be it...but I am not going to base my decisions on a statistic, either way. I hope in the Lord, not a statistic. And I will fight and search for better answers, regardless of the statistics. I am going to persist steadfastly without anxiety.

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. ~ I Peter 5:6-8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes when you go to church, it is so encouraging to hear in a song or in the message something you have been thinking on or studying or praying about. It just seems like such an illustration of the harmony and unity and ... organic integrity of the Body of Christ.

Well, I just feel that way so completely about this entry. I feel that you expressed exactly the thoughts and even the verses of my heart! I do not fret much about Satan. I am just healthfully aware of him. BUT I was thinking of this exact verse in regards to your health.

May our Lord and Saviour guide and delight you, strengthen you and light your way. I love you. Mama

Amy said...

We will be praying for clarity and peace as you pursue the second opinion! We love you!

Post a Comment