God has not left His throne

"You are aboard such a large ship that you would be unable to steer even if your Captain placed you at the helm. You would not even be able to adjust the sails, yet you worry as if you were the captain or the helmsman of the vessel. Be quiet, dear soul - God is the Master! Do you think all the commotion and the uproar of this life is evidence that God has left His throne? He has not! His mighty steeds rush furiously ahead, and His chariots are the storms themselves. But the horses have bridles, and it is God who holds the reins, guiding the chariots as He wills! Our God Jehovah is still the Master! Believe this and you will have peace...Whether the wrath of the storm-tossed sea, or demons or men, or whatever it be, no waters can swallow the ship where lies the Master of ocean, and earth, and skies."
~ Charles Spurgeon

My voice is worsening with each passing moment, it seems. That the tumor or tumors could be growing that quickly seems almost unimaginable. Most of the day is spent thinking my imagination must be running away with me at last! Yet there is the objective truth of it...my voice is graveling and faltering just as it was before the first tumor was removed. What to do about it now is the main question. Wait until the radiation in 4 more weeks? I have contacted several world-renowned physicians at the University of Chicago to ask about a second opinion on the tumor type from another pathologist. So far no reply. So I wait. Thursday I meet with my regular doctor again to discuss where to go next. It is a conundrum.

Pray, pray, pray, dear friends, anonymous readers! Pray that this tumor shrinks. Pray for wisdom for Aaron and I, as well as our doctors. Pray that the radiation will work.

Today my mind is fixed on this verse. Even though there is tumult in my brain, my body, and the world around me seems a bit off-kilter in the light of this present crisis, my heart...my soul are in perfect peace. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee." Isaiah 26:3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Lord, God of all time, we praise you for each moment and each circumstance despite our stricken hearts. Father, we plead for Gen's health and well-being. That this sensation be something other than cancer, that Gen be freed from this with her voice and health perfectly intact. Father, your will, not ours, be done. We take our place in your hands and plead for strength and joy for each day. In Jesus name, not our own, we pray. Love you, sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

Yes, God is still on His throne!
If you would like I could put you on our prayer list at church. There is also a group of prayer warriors at VCY America that devote time to supplication for listeners. Let me know.

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
James 5:16

Here is a poem I came across recently that might bring you some comfort. I think the author is Joy Dean.
My life was like a lump of clay
upon the Potter's wheel-
No skill had I to shape myself,
nor power to fight His will.
I knew His plan was for my good;
I knew His hands were skilled;
I knew He promised joy and peace, so I resolved to yield.
But when the Potter's hand began to poke, and rub, and press,
To twist my form and change my shape, I cried out in distress,
"Why must your hands inflict such pain? Would love deal thus with me? I thought the hands I yielded to would kind and gentle be!
If thus I must continue on,
my fainting heart must know:
What proof is there that I should trust the hands that hurt me so?"
Without a word the Potter rose
and stretched to me His hands;
It only took one look at them
to silence my demands!
I still don't know just why He chose this ugly lump of clay,
Nor what He forms, as on His wheel
I spin from day to day.
Nor can I fully reconcile
the goodness of His plan
With all the pain and loss I've felt since He His work began.
Yet in my heart is perfect peace,
for there this memory stands:
The hands with which the Potter works are love-scarred, nail pierced hands!


Gen, Know that you are blessed when walking this path if only it is because you are not walking it alone. Many are on paths similar to yours but have not yielded to Jesus and therefore do not possess all the riches that are in Christ.
Nothing could be worse than a Christless eternity.

Read Colossians 2 in your King James Version.

Post a Comment