Time to go to battle

"Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says, "Oh no! She's awake!" ~anonymous

Yesterday was my day of mourning. Do you ever have a day when you feel like it is raining on you, no matter what the weather is like for the rest of the world? This morning I woke up to the sun streaming through the windows. The first thing I did upon waking was give my son a bottle of homemade goat's milk formula. It felt as thought God were smiling down on me, reassuring me of the satiating, brimming over love He has for me and all my children. He has provided so graciously for us, giving me a son who's more interested in life than breastfeeding, new flavors than old, new experiences rather than familiar ones. I am drinking my morning coffee out of a cup with two beautiful pears painted on it, and the motto, "Give thanks".

That is what I set out to do today. Elisabeth Elliot quotes Kirkegaard, stating that purity of heart is to will only one thing. My "one thing" today: "In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God!" (I Thessalonians 5:18)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The beauty and purity of this post overwhelms me. Sometimes when some wonderful spiritual truth is shared, I just CANNOT understand why the WHOLE WORLD does not come RUNNING to listen! And that's how I feel about this. Praise our God. I just can't WAIT to see Him! AnonyMost

Post a Comment