Going home?

I think we are springing the coop in a few hours if Caleb has no more bloody stool. Caleb was up from 11 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. screaming in pain last night. The lab work investigating his pancreas function shows why: the values have doubled since he started eating yesterday. Pancreatitis causes severe pain, especially during digestion. However, the pediatrician doesn't feel it is necessary to start an IV and take him off oral intake at the moment, so we are going to just take him home and attempt to treat his pain and limit his oral intake to just liquids there. I am frustrated with the situation, as usual, and also excited to be going home, where I have more resources to deal with these sorts of things.

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Home will be good but I am so sorry for his pain. Is there nothing that helps. Please give a HUG from me. I will continue to pray for him. God Bless.

Post a Comment