Aftermath in the night

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord

A sleepless night. Caleb ate a tub of orange jello today, after begging for hours for something to put in his empty belly. The jello came out, virtually unchanged, a few hours later after some pretty intense stomach cramps. And it has been followed by three diapers filled with bright red blood. There are not even any clots in the blood - just straight up, liquid blood. I cannot sleep. My dear, sweet baby! I am undone.

I did post a picture of one of the diapers, but I didn't want to gross anyone out, so I buried it earlier in the blog (Heather, this should tell you exactly how much I love you!). Click here if you want to actually see what is shredding my heartstrings tonight.

My soul is in anguish.
How long, O LORD, how long?
Turn, O LORD, and deliver Caleb;
save Caleb because of your unfailing love.
(Psalm 6:3-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment