Only a child

The month of May: 25,112 visits to my blog from 71 countries.  I am deep in Jeremiah again and as I shrink back in abject terror from the numbers pouring in, I remember God's words there...

"Ah, Sovereign Lord," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."


But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord. (1:6-7)



This is way bigger than my cancer, or Amelia's illness, or my faltering faith. I've prayed for weeks that God would give some sign that something big is going on, to comfort my aching heart.  Trust Him to speak through statistics, my favorite language.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So. Does statistics count as one of the languages that God confounded??? And of course, you MUST be in some AMAZINGLY small statistical group that counts statistics as its FAVORITE LANGUAGE??!!! That is NOT a politican???

Anonymous said...

I have been praying that God would show you how much He loves you and has His perfect design for you. Who knew it would be through statistics.
Love,
Auntie Shera

Post a Comment