Weekends are for weltering

wel·ter :: 1. a confused mass; a jumble. 3. to surge or roll, as on the sea.

Weekends are for serving old friends as they make new ties.

Weekends are for capturing joy moment by moment - deep in the heart and frozen on film.

Weekends are for rediscovering beauty in ordinary places.

They're for finding new friends.

And rediscovering old ones.

Amy (and, in the context of this writing, I should delineate that I mean "Amelia") had well over a dozen seizures in the last four days. I would have to consult the episode record for the exact count. For some reason, she isn't absorbing the seizure medication correctly. She's now developed "clustering" of seizures, with almost a constant simple partial seizure yesterday, punctuated by 6 tonic/clonic seizures. LOTS of clean up, LOTS of tears, and LOTS of worry for parents in new territory. Yet we are off to Vacation Bible School tomorrow in the morning...then on to Mayo in the afternoon for testing. Same thing Wednesday. A "in the area" (a.k.a. no 3 hour drives anywhere) day on Thursday. And back to VBS and Mayo on Friday. In between which I should be putting together a 30 minute presentation and preparing my defense for my comprehensive exam. Time to trust God again!

Never a heartache, and never a groan,
Never a teardrop, and never a moan;
Never a danger but there on the throne,
Moment by moment He thinks of His own.

Moment by moment I’m kept in His love;
Moment by moment I’ve life from above;
Looking to Jesus till glory doth shine;
Moment by moment, O Lord, I am Thine.
~Moment by Moment, Major Daniel Whittle, 1893

No comments:

Post a Comment