Exam tomorrow



Tonight feels like the calm before the storm...the dimple of color in the evening sky pulling down, down, down toward tomorrow, as the sun makes it's way around the other side of the earth and finally back to my pillow.


Am I ready?  The flower-weeds wave goodbye to summer outside my window, and I think I am ready as I'll ever be.  Odd to think your whole education culminates in one humid day in August.


I started, a stifling day in 2007's summer, when she was a toddler just learning to skip, and he was not even the size of kidney bean, secreted deep inside me.


Time flies away from us, and we are all ready for the closing notes of this particular symphony.


One last look back, one more run through the presentation, one last sleep and one last morning of prayer and study and worship...and I will be going down one of those "slides" of adulthood that reminds of the sink and lift of your stomach as you went over the edge as a child.



I echo Paul's thoughts & request tonight, from I Thessalonians 5:
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.  Do not put out the Spirit's fire...Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil.  May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.  Brothers {sisters}, pray for me.


::
Thanks, Mama & Aaron, for the photos for tonight's post.  Some are mine, and some each of yours...readers, I challenge you to say whose is whose! Also, please lift me up in prayer anytime after 9 a.m. CST tomorrow, if it comes to mind.  I am praying that I PASS!  If you don't know anything about this exam I am referring to, read more about it here.  My oral exam is tomorrow, but I still don't for sure that I passed the written portion yet, either.  I will find out at 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment