Easy Valentine's Day Breakfast {tutorial}

I saw a recipe for easy red velvet pancakes over at This Blessed Nest, and knew immediately what I was serving up for breakfast on Valentine's morning! I had to tweak the recipe a bit after our first trial run, so this tutorial reflects my own adjustments to make firmer, thicker pancakes than the original recipe yielded.

Easy Red Velvet Pancakes
1 1/2 cups red velvet cake mix
1 egg
3/4 cup milk


Whisk ingredients together.


Preheat your skillet over medium heat.
Your butter should sizzle when it hits the pan, but not brown.
I tried a heart-shaped pancake mold for starters. (available at Amazon)



Once these hit the griddle, you're going to attract some onlookers!


For comparison, I cooked a regular round pancake at the same time.


Trim the excess off the round pancake using a butter knife.
(We used heart shapes for Valentine's, obviously)


Here are the finished cakes. I much preferred the round pancake I trimmed.
The pancake made in the mold was blackened and not precisely shaped.


Top with whipped cream.


Serve warm with smiles and hugs!



Someone is sure to snatch up the trimmings.


No comments:

Post a Comment