Make me a daisy

 Turmoil surrounded by sweet scented lilacs.

Dandelion cottons looks like owlet feathers as they wait for the wind.


My friend and I go for a long hike and muddy our 
shoes and legs in the coulees of Pepin County.


And I pray, and I pray, and I pray that my life will soon be back to yellow. Bathed in sun. Flowers blooming, and my soul free to accept that gift from Father God.


For now, I'll take the yellow that splurges out of the darkness, the buds cheerful against the dark foliage deep.


Make me a flower, whose scent pleases you, Lord.
Make me better as I become less.
Fill all the holes in my soul Satan is digging
with your love, grace, mercy, peace, long-suffering.  


I don't want to be the corrugated metal panel patching up an old factory.
...we pray for you always, that our God will count you worthy of your calling, and fulfill every desire for goodness and the work of faith with power, so that the name of our Lord Jesus will be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. (II Thessalonians 1:11-12)
How much, how much
Do you really know
How much, how much
Well let me tell you
How much, how much
You are loved

These words go out to anyone
Who's ever felt so unlovable
I'd just like to say to you
That lie is so not true
This message is for the broken down
They say you can't turn your life around
No matter what you do
Well that lie is so not true

Take the depths of the deepest ocean and go deeper
Take the top of the tallest tower and go higher
Take the best day that you've ever had
Try to imagine better than that
And it still don't come close
To how much you are loved

Don't worry about what you've done
God's love goes out to everyone
And here's the wonderful, beautiful truth
That includes me and you
So let it find you where you are
Wrap it's arms around your weary heart
And all the love you're longing for
You'll find all that love and more
~How Much, Mandisa~

No comments:

Post a Comment