She sees me


Anne of Green Gables called them "bosom friends". I have several. Count me among the lucky. All have helped me through this maze of depression, validating my feelings and helping me cope.

Last night, I was a complete mess. My face covered in tears, I listened to the voice at the other end of the telephone telling me how to pull myself out of a flashback or a panic attack. She spoke wisdom. I'm going to follow it.


Are these moments of transparency a gift from God?  Honesty that makes the soul of the other translucent, pink faces of flower shining but brief, looking through each others souls.


Two ships sinking bind their brokenness with the cords of compassion. The sweetness of her voice lingers in my ear this morning, a reminder that, despite differences, we all share or deny love. Thank you, friend, for reaching out your hands to me once again.

"One can give without loving, but one cannot love without giving." 
~Amy Carmichael

Today I am trying a coping technique called Mindfulness. This simply means that "carpe diem". Really get engaged in the goings-on of the day, notice things and make memories.

"The mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace." 
 Romans 8:6

No comments:

Post a Comment