In the dark places

He reveals deep and hidden things; He knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with Him. I thank and praise You, O God of my fathers... Daniel 2:22-23a

Alas, I have not had time nor energy to update this or visit all my normal blog haunts this week. The Crypto continues to rage in our household. I beg your prayers. Our annual church camp is this weekend and I am slated to play music in our annual family band. Without some dramatic improvements, most of the children and I will be stuck home. It's the third week now, and it feels as though the light may never shine at the end of this long, dark tunnel. I find it wryly humorous that an intestinal parasite visible only by microscope has brought me to my knees in frustration and desperation in many ways that cancer several inches long could not. My faith in God the Healer has always been skeptical at best, and at worst it vacillates to near scoffing. I am grateful for the lantern of sickness shining in the dark spots of my soul, exposing those parts where I am still me and not Him.

In my internet wanderings, searching for a cure for this tenacious bug, I discovered that wormwood (read: absinthe) and black walnut are more effective than any antibiotic available. Obviously, we're taking it in capsule form, not the historically popular alcoholic beverage! Interestingly, the same cure is nearly as effective as anti-malarial medication in regions where that illness is endemic. What's more, you can use this herbal preparation once monthly for dogs and cats, and skip the heartworm and various other dewormers available. It also repels fleas for a short period of time after consumption.

1 comment:

Melody said...

Praying for you to feel better. Thanks for sharing your heart in this post. Your faith is beautiful.

Post a Comment