Paths to exhaustion


Stress is one way to lose energy: I've been bleeding resources to that quite a bit of late. Daily life, fraught with small needs and simple consumption of time and motivation, exhausts resources in a different way. Children with the flu, laundry that is consequently out of control once again, and a Mama with no immunity left to fight the flu off. The latest cancer scare is over for the time being, and I've reached a stalemate in the battle to diagnose and treat my fainting episodes. For now, I am clenching my jaw and putting shoulder to harness in an everyday, work-at-home world. And praising God for every minute of work I have left in this body of mine.

A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment? (Ecclesiastes 2:24-25)

2 comments:

Dusty Chris said...

Father, in the name of Jesus, be Genevieve's strength, her strong tower that she can run to for peace and renewal. Father I pray for you to be her immunity, taking over where her body has left off.
Fill her with the peace that passes understanding.
Bless you.

Anonymous said...

"God often digs wells of joy
with the spade of sorrow." RBC Daily Bread for today.

Love you!

Post a Comment