Paths to exhaustion


Stress is one way to lose energy: I've been bleeding resources to that quite a bit of late. Daily life, fraught with small needs and simple consumption of time and motivation, exhausts resources in a different way. Children with the flu, laundry that is consequently out of control once again, and a Mama with no immunity left to fight the flu off. The latest cancer scare is over for the time being, and I've reached a stalemate in the battle to diagnose and treat my fainting episodes. For now, I am clenching my jaw and putting shoulder to harness in an everyday, work-at-home world. And praising God for every minute of work I have left in this body of mine.

A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment? (Ecclesiastes 2:24-25)