Motivation

It's nice to feel understood. As I read over those verses yesterday, the verses on my own personal list of motherhood rules, I was struck that God totally gets it that I'm selfish. Instead of just constantly reminding me to change, to give up my selfishness and be a better person, He instead uses it to motivate me. The rod of correction imparts wisdom, but a child left to himself disgraces his mother. (Provers 29:15) He doesn't say, "Correct your kid because it's good for him", or "correct your kid so he will behave", or even, "correct your kid so he won't go to jail or murder someone or something". Instead, He motivates me with the specter of my own disgrace! Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor?

The only appropriate photo to accompany these thoughts is one of my mischievous son, who daily reminds me that I have entered a new realm as mother now that I have a boy-child to rear! Here he is checking out his sisters new microscope, which was hidden on a high counter. Alas, the child has learned to climb!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha

Anonymous said...

What an endearing face. So pleased with himself and what he is discoveing. My how he has grown. My prayers are with you dear niece. Auntie Shera

Post a Comment