Finding beauty

Photographers see beauty when others just see ordinary.
Like the symmetrical underside of the bridge.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bm1/5074447750/lightbox/
Photographers focus on a place in the field of view that other observers might not even notice:
here the intent focus of the baby's eye instead of her reaching hand.

http://amygloverphotography.com/
A photographer is constantly seeing through a "lens" - the world in black and white, with vignetting, with special effects.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54250573@N03/5020974127/in/pool-35034359018@N01/
A photographer is a journalist, telling stories with pictures and capturing moments, whether or not they seem significant to anyone else.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/swedeitis/5186450894/in/pool-35034359018@N01/
Photographers delight in details and see the little things that can only be seen with a high-powered lens...or a magnifying glass.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fahadee/5189417546/sizes/m/in/pool-35034359018@N01/
A photographer is a painter without a brush, capturing glimpses of what we all share as human experience...love, joy, fear, anger, delight, extravagance, futility, effervescence...




The last photo is my own. The rest are "finds"...part of a photography assignment for the new Christian photography blog, High Calling Focus.

5 comments:

{darlene} said...

I am a closet photographer... I see life as if I had a fantastic camera. Someday! {It is on my bucket list}

SimplyDarlene said...

Thank you for your note at For The Least of These. I will be contacting you soon.

I spent some time here tonight reading a bit about you and your family. You are a mighty warrior for Christ miss Genevieve. I am blessed by your words and your heart and your images. And I am thankful we both serve the same mighty God.

Regarding this post and these photos, you chose some amazing photographs. I am sure many will be blessed by your contributions and participation at High Calling Focus. I look forward to so much more from you as a fellow participant.

May God bless you mightily.

Blessings.

Unknown said...

g,

your photo tops them all for me and i am not just saying that. i really mean it. it is expressive. to capture expression takes some doing.

thanks for playing! so happy to have you.

photoplay will go live this friday at thehighcalling.org

hugs,
c

ps- your story is one of grace. my mom had thyroid cancer when i was younger. my prayers are yours.

Sandra Heska King said...

"A photographer is a painter without a brush."

I love that.

That flower--oh and ah.

Tim said...

love this view into our world!

Post a Comment